Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Things I Miss From College - Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee

I really miss Dunkin Donuts large caramel mocha iced coffee. Weighing in at 350 calories and 12 grams of fat (if the Nutrition Facts on the Dunkin website are accurate) it's not going to make anyones healthy dietary options list, but this beast of a beverage was a staple in my college years in Boston. It was the perfect compliment to any situation, at any time of the day. Good for the morning caffeine boost, with hangover or without, the "I only have 10 minutes between classes and need something to keep me sane" situation that we all know and love, the "fuck I need to stay awake because I've pushed back my paper till after it was actually due" problem that frequently plagued many a college student, and so much more.

I haven't found anything like it in San Diego. I've tried the local favorites, but really, nothing compares, at all. It's not like I crave or necessarily need a replacement either, but every now and then I most certainly get the itch for a large Dunkin Iced Coffee, and maybe a Boston kreme or chocolate glazed donut on the side (or a pumpkin cake donut if its in season). I guess the memory and this ridiculously exaggerated photo will have to do for now.

1 comment: