Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Why stop at your phone and computer when you can have Google in your kitchen


Google had their annual I/O conference today, where they announced more details on their plan for global domination and introduced new digital soldiers to wage war with their mortal enemy, Apple.

For me, a project to integrate Android into household appliances piqued my interest the most. I did research into how technology like this could help homes be more green in college and with Android's share of the market and how far along existing technology for this use already is, the idea seems like it could only be a few years from being affordable and effective.

Energy in the household could be managed efficiently by allowing home owners to manage temperature in their home remotely, appliances could be turned off when not in use, and garage doors would never be left open while no one was home.

While these green benefits sound great, all I could think about was remotely controlling my oven and the possibility of heating up pizza rolls without ever having to leave my computer chair.

From:

To:

All from my cell phone! The future is near and it will be fat.

Android eating Earth photo via: Gizmodo

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of those creepy LG appliances from CES this year :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5XBP53ezLw&feature=relmfu

    ReplyDelete