Saturday, March 8, 2008

It's Saturday, It's Raining, What's New?

To: Lance Ray Adonis
From: Nazer

So it's been sunny all week here in downtown Boston. Everyone seemed a bit happier, clerks in stores were nicer, there wasn't any need for giant wind breakers and so on. Until today, when I woke up to the sounds of rain dripping on the railings of the fire escape, but what else is new?

Today one of the most anticipated games ever is coming out, Super Smash Bros. Brawl. For those of you who play, get ready for a ton of additional characters, new stages, new strategies to find, and honestly just more hours used beating the shit out of each other with our favorite childhood video game characters. For those of you who don't play, sorry, get ready to watch a bunch of dudes staring at a screen, the sound of clicking controllers, and a bunch of screaming for no reason.

My spring break starts March 15th, and this week I have midterms. I purposely did all my schoolwork needed so I could dedicate more time into certain things (read one paragraph up), but I should be straight for all my tests. I seriously can't wait to go home though. Even if nothing huge occurs, it'll just be nice to relax and not have to think about chord progressions and scales for a week. Plus I'll get to see my family and eat a bunch of good food since I'll be home for Easter.

Lately my snack food of choice has been Kettle Chips, of the yogurt and green onion variety. I know, instantly you think "wtf yogurt?!!?," but it adds a creamy taste to it, making it a light and refreshing potato chip, much better than shitty sour cream and onion Lays. The other flavors of Kettle chips are bomb too.

I don't know how many people here read magazines, but I have a weekly subscription of Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide that I didn't pay for, and I must say that Entertainment Weekly beats the shit out of TV Guide. The writing is better in my opinion, and they have coverage on music books and dvds as well as tv and movies. Don't get me wrong, I love listening to the TV Guide podcast as well as reading their online stories, but their magazine is just full of TV listings that I could find somewhere else.

Speaking of TV, NBCs Friday Night Lights is currently cutting deals to get renewed for a third season, so I finally started to watch it. I'm halfway into season 1, and I must say it's pretty entertaining. Check it out if you have the free time.

So that's pretty much it for now. I wanna find something incredibly unhealthy to eat, and then I'll be at Gamestop at midnight to pick up my copy of Brawl. PEACE!

2 comments:

  1. 40 different playable characters.. NERD BONER

    ReplyDelete
  2. i watched season one and two of FNL in one weekend. it was one of the greatest weekends of my life.

    ReplyDelete